The Desipam project investigates effective disinfection of medical devices with LEDs. High-power blue LEDs can be used to effectively clean spaces and objects, including antibiotic-resistant bacteria (MRSA, EHEC, ESBL). In the Desipam project we investigate how effective the technique can be used to clean the various medical devices placed in a health kiosk.
Effective disinfection of medical devices with LEDs
Important for an effective cleaning is that the complete surface of the kiosk and all medical devices get at least the minimal doses of light intensity (approximately 0.7mW/cm2). For this the exact positioning of the LED unit is crucial. In the DESIPAM project we investigate the disinfection effectiveness using this method.
Benefits of disinfection with LEDs
- Safe – UV free and no use of chemicals
- Destroys bacteria, mold and viruses – Does not promote antimicrobial resistance
- Disinfection of complete rooms
- Surface disinfection of objects (even sensitive materials and electronics)
- Reduction of airborne particles (organic and inorganic)
- Improving air quality by removing i.a. VOCs and odours
- Water purification (eradication of microbes and algae)
Proven cleanness – add UV(-C) Sensors Patches
2M has developed tiny IoT connected UV(-C) sensor patches. These can be placed on objects and in rooms to have proof that objects are properly disinfected or not.
BeWell Innovations, 2M Engineering