Medical, e-Health & Sports Wearables
We offer with our wearable product development services state of the art solutions for medical, sport and e-health applications. We focus on solutions that address a concrete and real problem and where accurate measurement results are required.
Miniaturization, thin and waterproof
Over the years we have specialized in making products extremely small, thin and waterproof meeting our clients requirements.
Our core strength is the electronics, embedded software and smart algorithms to turn raw sensor measurements into useful information. We also offer complete e-health and IoT solutions including web, app and cloud development in cooperation with our software partners.
2M has a long track-record in creating a wide variety of wearable products. 2M’s wearable product development is focused mostly on accurate and reliable measurement solutions for:
- medical applications,
With 2M’s expertise and modular building blocks we enable and accelerate your product’s time to market. It is our ambition to create the best products with maximum impact that add real value for its users.
We believe wearables play an essential role in supporting and improving people’s health, well-being and fitness.
- Electronics & embedded software development
- High-resolution streaming based on Bluetooth Low Energy
- 2 lead ECG, 256sps, 20 bit
- HR detection algorithm creation and validation
- Low power design & battery management
- Medical device certification
- Electronics development including Bluetooth LE
- User Interface engine creation
- Firmware software development
- Algorithm creation and validation
- Product & radio certification
- Industrialization of electronics sub assembly
- Translation of client application to implementation
- Design of printed electronics structure
- Electronics creation
- Firmware software creation
- Testing & integration with mobile app
What makes 2M’s wearable product development unique?
Modular Building Blocks
2M has build a large basket of building blocks, which reduces development cost, time and keeps technical risks low.
Small & Flat
2M is experienced in miniaturization to create extremely small, flat and bendable solutions.
Low Power Design
We create solutions with long operating times. We are skilled in low power design, test and optimization strategies.
Experience with most wired and wireless connectivity techniques to send data to mobile device or base stations. Also (custom) antenna design.
Experts in smart algorithm creation and feature extraction to turn raw data into meaningful information. Signal processing for embedded solutions.
Use of 2M’s software platforms saves costs, time and risk. Our embedded platforms include low level drivers and middleware functionalities.
Mobile & Cloud
We offer complete connected solutions including mobile apps, cloud and web functionality.
Printed & Textile Electronics
Creation of printed electronics & textile electronics including production. We leverage strengths of conventional techniques and printed techniques to create unique solutions. Read more…
Experience in creating waterproof solutions.
Bring your own design or use our design partners. Experienced in mechanical design and making techniques including 3D printing, injection molding and industrial casting.
User interface design and development environments so you can test UIs before being implemented in the end product.
Product Creation Process
1 Concept Definition
Joint understanding of problem, application & use context.
2 Proof of Concept
Focus on realizing & validating the core measurement function & algorithms.
Work in 2 steps (alpha & beta) towards the product including all user requirements.
Industrialization, certification. Making the product production & sales ready.
Flexible production depending on client and business. Setup by 2M for initial, small or midsize series to high-volume production in Asia.
Wearable product development - Modular architectures & building blocks
Over the years we have built a large basket of building blocks. Building blocks that we can be used to reduce development time, money and reduce technical risk.
A large variety of standard and specialized vital body sensors and sensor combinations.
- Activity, Posture, 3/9 DOF Motion
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- PPG based HR, SPO2
- Breathing rate / Respiration
- (Contactless) temperature & humidity
- Distance / height
- Pressure / weight. Various sensing principles
- Bodily fluid analysis (blood, saliva etc)
- Raman spectrometry
- Photonic sensors
- Printed and textile sensors
Embedded software middleware platforms for various microcontrollers.
- Low level drivers
- User Interface engines
- Bluetooth (LE) and WiFi stacks
- Translated & tested biomedical algorithms for embedded use
- Low power design & features
Common functions for a number of default operations:
- Movement artifact correction
- Activity & posture filtering and feature extraction
- Quality indici
- Peak and feature detection using various techniques
Small (wearable) hardware platforms that can easily be modified for specific purposes including custom antenna design.
Low power design.
Device mechanics for small devices including waterproof designs in plastics, aluminium or metals.
Optics and opto-electronics.
Signal processing & biomedical algorithm creation
The process for wearable algorithm development is in essence often the same and is shown below.