Essential car diagnostics in the cloud
The Connected Car Module is a wireless bridge between a vehicle (car, truck or bus) and a central server. This enables real-time, event based or periodic two-way communication between the vehicle and a central server. This enables remote following of individual cars or a complete fleet.
- Flexible Architecture – easily change, add or remove building blocks
- Sensors – temperature, acceleration, tilt, angles, movement, humidity, battery level, custom
- GPRS – real-time 2 way communication with the vehicle
- Data Logging – store events or continuous sensor data, GPS location and other important vehicle information
- GPS – localization, see where vehicles are, where are they moving, where do they stop
- CAN interface – directly communicate with the CAN system (professional use only)
- Wireless Bluetooth SMART Connectivity – directly communicate with smartphones and tablets (WIFI optional)
- IO – digital in/out, 1 wire, IC2, SPI
Connected car module for OEM applications
The connected car module communicates with the vehicle via the CAN bus. Additional sensors can be added via the digital and analog IO ports. The module contains a GPS module for accurate location tracking. All information is send to the cloud using a GPRS or LTE-M module. The complete connected car module is setup modular and elements can easily be changed depending on the application.
This system has been tested for 2 applications: fleet location in combination with fuel theft and CO2 emission reduction where this system functioned as a start/stop system for cars that did not have this function.
Complete connected solutions
2M also designs and realized complete connected solutions. Solutions that contain mobile applications, pc or web based applications including secure data infrastructures and cloud storage solutions. Based on your requirement specifications we create, test and certify the complete solution.